Well, now our vacations have started... now that Ryan is done with the baseball and soccer season that is! We were so excited to venture to sunny California to go to Pinecrest Lake to enjoy some R&R at the Brach family cabin.
Grammy and Grandpa met us there and were elated to see the kids and vice a versa. Nolan counted down the days for a trip to the boys secret (soft served yummy ice cream at the local ice cream hut). Grammy and Grandpa were so special and borrowed a tent for Nolan to experience the outdoors, he was THRILLED, although I will admit it took some coaxing for him to actually stay in the tent and sleep in it. He finally did it!
Aunt Beena (Gigi), Uncle Diddy and Jack came to visit us for about three days, during which we hiked, kayaked, shared stories, and made smores. I think someone had (3) smores but I won't say who.......
It was so nice to sit out on the mini beach in front of the cabin and listen to the kids play and hear the sound of the water hit the boats, so peaceful. I actually read something....well at least got through a couple of chapters of a book...I cannot believe it, this is rare.
Nolan did a 4.5 mile hike that was a pretty difficult hike and we managed to finish in 2 hours...with NO piggy back ride.....we just kep saying we were going to go find bears, he did almost step on a small black snake, but luckily my eyes were pealed (exactly for something of this nature) and I grabbed him and picked him up before he did.....
And...great grandma Irene and Uncle Dale popped in for a quick visit to say hi and see the kids, they live in Gustine and Hilmar so it was so great to see them. Thank you for coming to visit us!
We have made going to the cabin a tradition each year so we look forward to next year!
Group picture before our first hike
More super soakers
The princess in her sun attire...was on for a minute
Making smores with grammy and grandpa our last night










