WELCOME FAMILY & FRIENDS

To our friends and family that live afar......I thought this would be the best way to keep all of you included in our lives, so that you can see how Portland is treating us and to witness our children grow. We have been in Portland almost 7 years now and have enjoyed it so. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to view our blog, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy capturing these memorable moments.

Cheers - Ryan, Emilia, Nolan, Mila & Anya

Monday, February 16, 2009

Maui, Hawaii 2009


    
Aloha--- well.....the time has come for us to share with all of you our amazing trip to Maui. With a rough week prior to our trip, Nolan, two ear infections, and Mila with bronchial infection and my sinus infection, I was getting worried we would not make the trip. I think I checked once or twice to see if my tickets were refundable as I was terrified we would all be to ill to travel. However, with the help of some doctor's and some antibiotics.....thing turned around...so we thought. Our trip to Maui was scheduled for 10:00 AM departure, however we arrived to the airport to be turned away with news that our flight was delayed until 2:00 PM....that is unfortunate we thought...but what the heck...let's go back home and wait their until we need to return. So we returned around noon and when we arrived we asked the status of the flight and they said good to go.....upon arrival at the gate (which was at the END of the terminal) they informed us that the part they had for the plane is incorrect and the next flight out would be a midnight....ahhhhhh we thought....so after some raised voices amongst the men and some giggling amongst the women we RELUCTANTLY headed home again....this time to enjoy some wine and food...and perhaps a nap or two...We finally arrived to the airport and the plane departed as planned 12:30 AM....anyway after a not so fun flight for Mila we arrived to beautiful, windy, fresh air Maui....at 5:00 AM, and took a nap for about two hours and finally started our adventure. 

We planned our trip with our friends the Graham's and Arrasmith's so the kids (and adults) had great fun.  They played everyday, along with swimming, eating, and sipping on some shaved ice (I think Nolan's favorite thing). We had the opportunity to venture on a boat tour to go whale watching..it was LONG...and rocky....but we made it. We saw some amazing things....at one point 5 whales passed us which seemed like 10 feet away. The food was great, our friends were fabulous...our location was unbeatable...the Westin Kaanapali Villas....what a treat. 

After 8 nights we decided that we must go home....actually we contemplated staying for 6 months...why not.....haaaaaa I think island fever might set in....or maybe not. Here are some of my favorite shots...I took 420 photos...but after some filtering decided that I love about 300 of them.  Mahalo for taking the time to look at our photos -- the brach's