WELCOME FAMILY & FRIENDS

To our friends and family that live afar......I thought this would be the best way to keep all of you included in our lives, so that you can see how Portland is treating us and to witness our children grow. We have been in Portland almost 7 years now and have enjoyed it so. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to view our blog, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy capturing these memorable moments.

Cheers - Ryan, Emilia, Nolan, Mila & Anya

Saturday, January 30, 2010

VITAMIN D.......oh we miss you so

......(long sigh)........ what can I say other than Mahalo to Maui for an amazing week of relaxation, beauty and vitamin D. We had the opportunity (thanks to Hawaiian Air) to travel to Maui and enjoy a wonderful week of what I picture heaven to look like. How can anyone miss the vibrant colors, the relaxed way of life, the beauty of the ocean, and the surrounding islands. The five of us traveled to Maui to experience our first vacation as a family of 5. The packing for five is always amusing but I kept reminding myself that we will have a washer and dryer so pack lightly. That is easy to say for 3 girls right....well we packed all of us into two suitcases, and noticed we were over 50 lbs...the baby formula is what push us over because after some calls, we couldn't find Anya's specific formula, so 2 containers of formula put us over the pound limit, so we packed another small duffel bag, three car seats, one stroller, and a partridge in a pear tree.....

The flight was very mellow, the kids did great...although every 30 minutes...."has it been 6 hours yet?" Anya did pretty good, we were able to bring her car seat on the plane so that she could sleep, which worked to our advantage twice during the trip. Other than that, she was up enjoying the view of everyone around. Upon arrival, I have never seen two kids sooooo excited. They were on fire with excitement, and arriving at our residence was even more exciting. Ryan and I took shifts everyday with the kids naps, so that each of us could get some alone time in the sun....the teamwork allowed for each of us to rest a bit!

Each day begain at 6:00 AM and ended at 7:00 PM...for all of us. It's funny how the body shuts down so early when you're on vacation. We averaged 10 hours of sleep a night....who does that? Not us! Enjoy our family photos...I have way to much fun taking photos...I need to expand my lense collection because I was saying...."if only I had a zoom lense, that shot would be amazing"....I think these turned out just great!

We are back to reality...feels good to be home..it's like Christmas all over again....."look at this toy mommy"....I figured if we go on vacation we won't have to do Xmas because they will be so excited to be home to play with their toys that they have missed.... :-)
---------------------------------------

Notice Anya in stroller....not so happy!
I had to do matching bathing suits...

surfer girl...


the cruise ship was passing and I just had to think of an artistic way to incorporate......
I think we have 2 family photos....I thought this one was fun...




This years farewell photo.....