WELCOME FAMILY & FRIENDS

To our friends and family that live afar......I thought this would be the best way to keep all of you included in our lives, so that you can see how Portland is treating us and to witness our children grow. We have been in Portland almost 7 years now and have enjoyed it so. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to view our blog, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy capturing these memorable moments.

Cheers - Ryan, Emilia, Nolan, Mila & Anya

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Nolan Turns 6

Well the BIG 6 has finally arrived! We cannot believe it......I mean our little boy is all grown up. Nolan "graduated" as he puts it, from kindergarten, and on to 1st grade he goes. It's almost unreal to think our boy is almost a teenager....well at least he acts like it at times. Turning 6 for Nolan has been such an exciting thing. All of his friends in school are already 6 or going on 7 so he feels a little unsure about that. As of yesterday, he asked, "so now when do I turn 7?" I responded with, "don't rush your age sweetie, enjoy this year of your life and in 365 days you will turn 7". I feel my age just by that comment alone.

We asked him what he would like for his birthday and he stated "the biggest lego ever". Well I think he got just that. He was admiring the number on the front of the box for hours...."953 pieces, 953 pieces, that is so cool". Off to the bathroom he went (we have him play with legos in there so that Anya won't try to eat them). He completed it in about 3 hours. Hilarious!

Nolan will have a birthday party at PGE Park this year, with his classmates and friends that we have made here in Portland. He cannot wait! Happy Birthday Nolan, we love you, and are so proud of our little boy!



Before Birthday Party



After Birthday Party :-)