WELCOME FAMILY & FRIENDS

To our friends and family that live afar......I thought this would be the best way to keep all of you included in our lives, so that you can see how Portland is treating us and to witness our children grow. We have been in Portland almost 7 years now and have enjoyed it so. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to view our blog, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy capturing these memorable moments.

Cheers - Ryan, Emilia, Nolan, Mila & Anya

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Em's first Sprint Triatholon

I DID IT! My goal was to accomplish this before the age of 35, and I am so proud to say I did it. This is my second attempt, my first one I "crashed and burned", okay so literally my tire got caught on a rainy cold day in the Tri-met track on the streets of downtown Portland while I was testing out my clips the day before the June 4th Tri. I had to take a month of but I did go to support my friends, it was so hard because of all the training I had done. I hit head first and had a concussion, not pretty.

Second try, I was so anxious yet so excited. Nothing was going to stop me now. I have met some amazing friends that have similar interests, and I am thrilled that physical fitness happens to be one of them. If it wasn't for these girls I may have not done this Tri. Anyway today marks another milestone. 1/4 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 5K run = 1 hour 27 min. Not bad for my first I think. I will most likely be soar tomorrow, but will enjoy a beer this evening as we are celebrating our accomplishment!