WELCOME FAMILY & FRIENDS

To our friends and family that live afar......I thought this would be the best way to keep all of you included in our lives, so that you can see how Portland is treating us and to witness our children grow. We have been in Portland almost 7 years now and have enjoyed it so. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to view our blog, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy capturing these memorable moments.

Cheers - Ryan, Emilia, Nolan, Mila & Anya

Friday, September 10, 2010

Our Newly Remodeled Home


Well, I believe these are long awaited photos for some. We embarked on our journey of remodeling our home May 1st and ended August 1st. Our goal was to make our home a bit bigger so that we could have more space for family, friends and of course for the kids. We ended up pushing out 1100 sq ft which allowed for a 5th bedroom, laundry room, master bedroom/bath and 2 new hallways, and a larger great room, and 2 remodeled existing bathrooms. The vision was always there and it all came to fruition. Our builder was amazing to work with, and we spent 12 weeks in a condo downtown while our home was remodeled. I have to admit I was peeking in every step of the way and thank goodness I did to see the fabulous changes. I mean they are unreal. So all that time I spent on which grout do I do for my tiles, how big do I want the tiles, cut, which way do I want the tiles to face, how I want them stacked, where I want my electrical outlets, which ones have dimmers......it was all well worth it. Yesterday, we had our Open House which our builder hosted for us, and we invites some of our friends and neighbors to view our finished home. We were so excited! Thank goodness for Ryan's mom and my mom who came up and helped me prepare for the big day. I could have never done it without them. I hope you enjoy these photos....