WELCOME FAMILY & FRIENDS

To our friends and family that live afar......I thought this would be the best way to keep all of you included in our lives, so that you can see how Portland is treating us and to witness our children grow. We have been in Portland almost 7 years now and have enjoyed it so. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to view our blog, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy capturing these memorable moments.

Cheers - Ryan, Emilia, Nolan, Mila & Anya

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

NYC Marathon

Ryan accomplished an amazing thing this year......26.2 miles in NYC. Ryan trained for months to compete in the NYC marathon this year and he finished it (maybe with a little bit of a struggle) in 4 hours 22 minutes and 20 seconds. GOOOO Ryan! I was his biggest fan. Ryan and his good friend Jason committed to each other that they would run this race together. Jason being no rookie to the marathon's told Ryan he would stay with him the entire race so that they could finish together (wipe the tear from my eye). It was pretty cool, I know this is about Ryan but I jumped in at mile 16 and ran up to mile marker 24 and pulled out before I got kicked out. It was such a fun experience to witness, although I have to admit I wanted badly to have a bib number and feel the rush that thousands experienced. We also had the opportunity to see friends that we met when we were wth the Sacramento Kings, so that was a treat! Matt and Lindsay showed us around and introduced us to some NYC culture....yummy!


Before Marathon/After Marathon...can you say dehydrated!!!!!